Turkey tacos are perfect for taco night or anytime you need a quick and easy recipe that can feed a crowd!
We Love Turkey Tacos
- This recipe uses seasoned ground turkey for fewer calories.
- It’s made in one pan which means easy clean-up!
- We love a homemade seasoning so we can adjust the spice and salt levels.
- Make a DIY taco bar so everyone can make their own!
Ingredients and Variations
SEASONINGS: This uses a homemade seasoning blend for perfect tacos. Add in a spoonful of salsa or even some cheese to change it up a bit.
TACO SHELLS: Use corn or flour, soft or hard shells. Or go for a healthy, low-carb version of turkey tacos using whole romaine lettuce leaves as taco shells!
OUR FAVE TOPPINGS: Diced tomatoes, onions, olives, shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar, or mozzarella. Top with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, or nacho cheese. Don’t forget the hot sauce!
- Use the seasoning mix included in this recipe, or try if you have homemade taco seasoning on hand, you can use that.
- Use on meats, soups, stews, even to season veggies and eggs. It’s so versatile, you’ll want to double the batch!
How to Make Turkey Tacos
Turkey tacos are so simple to make they are sure to become a new weeknight fave!
- Brown turkey and onion, drain fat.
- Simmer with seasoning mix, sauce, & water, per recipe below.
- Scoop mixture in heated taco shells & add mix-ins, toppings, or sauce.
- Keep leftover turkey taco meat in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Use leftovers in stir-fries, burritos (in place of chicken) or even omelets. Use the seasoned meat as a base for hearty turkey chili, soup, or pasta!
- Freeze cooled taco meat in zippered bags labeled with the date for up to 4 months. Reheat on the stovetop with a little bit of water.
So Many Ways to Taco
Did your family love these Ground Turkey Tacos? be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Ground Turkey Tacos
Healthy, hearty, and perfectly seasoned, these Turkey Tacos are always a hit!
Over medium heat cook onion and garlic until soft.
Add ground turkey and brown until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
Meanwhile, mix taco seasoning ingredients in a small bowl.
Add seasoning mixture, water, and tomato paste to the cooked turkey. Bring to a simmer and let simmer 5 minutes or until thickened.
Meanwhile preheat oven to 350°F. Place taco shells on a tray and bake 5 minutes or until heated.
Fill taco shells with meat and desired toppings.
Nutritional information does not include toppings.
Calories: 268, Carbohydrates: 21g, Protein: 29g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 62mg, Sodium: 510mg, Potassium: 570mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 801IU, Vitamin C: 4mg, Calcium: 59mg, Iron: 3mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword Ground Turkey Tacos, how to make Turkey Tacos, Turkey Tacos, Turkey Tacos recipe
Course Dinner, Entree, Lunch, turkey
Cuisine American, Mexican